Official Rules: Vita.mn 2010 Hotness Contest
1. No Purchase Necessary. The Vita.mn 2010 Hotness Contest is sponsored by Vita.mn and The Star Tribune Media Company LLC, located at 425 Portland Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55488. Prizes are provided by Vita.mn and The Star Tribune Media Company LLC. No purchase is necessary to enter or to win.
2. Contest Period. The "Contest Period" begins at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 1, 2009, and ends at 11:59:50 p.m. on Wednesday, January 20, 2010.
3. How to Enter. To enter, go to www.vita.mn/hotness during the Contest Period and follow the instructions to submit your entry information, including your photo. To be eligible, contestant (sometimes referred to herein as an "entrant") may enter one or more photographs at vita.mn, but only one photo per contestant can be selected into the Top 20. Each photo can include a caption that identifies and/or enhances the subject matter of the photo (each photo and caption entered in the Contest are jointly referred to herein as a "Photo"). All Photos (including related captions) submitted must adhere to Vita.mn and Star Tribune Company standard terms and conditions for user-generated content. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Photo for any reason. To be eligible, all entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CST on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 (the "Entry Deadline"). All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, late or misdirected entries, all of which will be void.
4. Submissions. By entering the Contest and submitting a Photo to Sponsor, each entrant has represented (i) that the entrant is the creator and copyright owner of the Photo, (ii) that the entrant has granted to the Sponsor an irrevocable license to publish, republish, distribute and copy the edited Photo an unlimited number of times in any print, electronic or other medium, and (iii) that the entrant has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the Photo (or the parent or guardian of any child identified or depicted) all permission necessary to grant the Sponsor the foregoing license.
5.Voting by Users. Eligible Photos properly entered in the Contest during the Contest Period will be displayed on Vita.mn, and users of Vita.mn (including Contest entrants and other users) will have an opportunity to vote for their favorite Photo.
6. Selection of Winners. On or about January 21, 2010, the Contest judges will select the top 20 Photos through a combination of popular user vote and a panel of Contest judges. Contest judges will judge on both photo and submission. On or about January 29, 2010, one first place male winner and one first place female winner will be selected from in-person interviews conducted with the top 20 finalists. Winners will be selected on the basis of attractiveness, personality and any other traits identified through the interview process. The decisions of the Contest judges regarding entries and winners shall be final.
7. Prizes. First-Place Prize. One (1) first-place male winner and (1) first-place female winner will each receive the First-Place Prize, which will consist of the following prize package: a $500 Mall of America Gift Card, a one-night stay at the Graves 601 Hotel in Minneapolis, $250 gift certificate to reVamp! salonspa, a $100 gift certificate to OM Restaurant, and an unlimited annual spa pass at Planet Beach. The first-place winner's winning Photo will also be published on www.vita.mn and in the Valentine's Day issue of the Vita.mn publication. Runner-up prizes. Additionally, Om and reVamp! salonspa will also be awarding gift certificates to each of our ten finalists, $25 for OM and $50 for reVamp. Each winner accepts responsibility for compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to use and acceptance of each prize.
8. Claiming Prizes. To claim the prize, the winner must respond by email or phone within four (4) business days of prize notification, at the phone number designated. Within 10 days of claiming prize, potential winners must provide appropriate photo identification (e.g., passport or driver's license) and must fill out such eligibility declarations, publicity releases, and prize acceptance documentation as Sponsor shall provide; failure to timely claim prize in such manner shall result in forfeiture of prize. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be substituted and are not refundable, transferable or redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
9. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Minnesota or Wisconsin who are 18 years of age or older. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This offer is void where prohibited or restricted. Employees of Vita.mn and The Star Tribune Company, any companies owned by or affiliated with The Star Tribune Company, the Participating Company, the advertising and promotion agencies representing any of such companies, and members of those employees’ families are not eligible to enter or win. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to all the terms and conditions of these rules; agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Contest judges; and consents to the use of his/her name and other information for purposes of direct mail or similar solicitations. Each winner accepting a prize consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness and any submitted Photo for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Each entrant waives the right to assert, as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem a prize and any liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem a prize. Each entrant releases each of the following from any and all liability with respect to or arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize and/or the loss or misdirection of any prize: Sponsor and the Participating Company; their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, franchises, advertising and promotional agencies; and their respective officers, directors and employees. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend and/or revoke this Contest at any time due to printing errors or other mistakes.
10. UPick'em: The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, Inc., and/or Vita.mn and the Star Tribune Company. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. UPICKEM and Vita.mn are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God. This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
11. Inquiries. Sponsor does not accept correspondence or telephone inquiries regarding the status of entries. For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, accompanied by a signed request, to: Vita.mn 2010 Hotness Contest Winners' List, 425 Portland Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55488 after February 11, 2010.